Camp Acadia National Park Maine - Aug 12-17, 2010

What a place to have the best camping experience! Five nights camping in Acadia National Park. During this busy season, we will stay on the quieter side of the island at Seawall Campground.

Grass area to put your tent and a short walk to the ocean, where the sun first rises in the United States. The coastline is rocky with a gentle slope to the ocean's edge, a perfect place for your morning coffee at Cobble Beach. We can hike the nearby Valley Peak Trail or whitewater paddle on Union River.

We can bike the island, hike the area, enjoy a lazy day at Echo Lake Beach or take the hourly town bus to the busy part of the island.  The trip is  a moderate skill level, so you should be able to bike 30 miles or hike for 4 or 5 hours on moderately hilly terrain.


Description of Hikes at Acadia
Trails at Acadia National Park


Books and Maps of Acadia National Park



















5 nights of camping, 5 breakfasts, 4 dinners. You will need to purchase a seven-day pass to get into Acadia National Park at the entrance for each vehicle.

7 comments:

Debby said...

I really liked the way you ran the Cape Cod - Nickerson trip, and am happy for you to introduce me to Acadia! :)

Lucy said...

Lynn,

I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated all of your hard work and contagious attitude (!) on the Acadia trip. It was a real pleasure to meet you and to see all those beautiful places with such nice, interesting people. Also I wish you the best of luck in Michigan, and don't be a stranger to the Massachusetts AMC chapter!

Warm regards,

Steve said...

Lynn,

“Wonderful trip” would not be the superlative I would use. “Absolutely outstanding” would be my description of the week. Thanks (big time) for putting it all together and making it seem relatively effortless. Physically I’ll be a bit stiff for a few more days. But, mentally, emotionally and spiritually the event was just what the doctor ordered. Please keep my info available for any future trips. Good luck in your efforts to relate to your fellow “Michiganians”.

Debby said...

Thanks again for all your effort, Lynn. I got myself a tent site through the weekend, and may stay longer to play without any work. The sun is shining bright over the Seawall coast, and life is good. Take care!

Kaz said...

Hi All,

Yes, it was a wonderful trip! And now that I've been to Acadia, I can r.i.p. Thanks for the great company and a wonderful experience. It was a
terrific group and we all worked well together. I have to say that after I got home, I actually felt a void. One more day of recovery and I'll be
'right as rain' :-).

Tom said...

Thank you again Lynn. Great time!

Hope to see you out there again.

Take care

Sheila said...

Lynn,

Thank for the terrific Acadia work you did. It was a wonderful trip Can't wait to see what you come up with for next summer!

Planned Vacations, What a Concept !

Sure, there are maps and tour guides and the Chamber of Commerce, but wouldn't it be nice if we had trips already planned and we knew what we wanted to do at those locations by others recommendations. I have been leading vacation trips with OutsideNE and the Appalachian Mountain Club for over ten years.
Hiking the E4 Trail in Crete


Rockland Maine

Hope you are able to go on one of these trips and add some information! Happy Vacations and Weekends!








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
If you like this service, please consider adding a link to: http://www.groupadventurevacations.blogspot.com